Thursday, June 19, 2008

Something neat I want to share...

Something really great happened last night at our house. I was playing a game with my four year old granddaughter, Lilly. We were "talking to God" on the cell phone. Her eight year old sister, Savannah, was watching.

During the conversation, Savannah started telling me the Biblical story of Esther. She floored me! She knew the story, the names, the details, everything. She was able to tell the story better than I could!

I asked her, "How did you learn about Esther?" She looked at me and said simply, "In UpSteet."

You need to understand what happened here. The pastor's granddaughter didn't learn this Bible story as his knee- she learned it in the UpStreet environment. Dedicated people working with not only Savannah but with dozens of other kids communicated Biblical truth. A complicated story was presented in a way that made sense to an eight year old and made a lasting impression. She didn't memorize the story- she learned it. She learned it so well she could explain it to her granddad.

I am grateful that God has gifted our fellowship with people that have a heart for kids. I am grateful that my grandchildren learn from people who love kids and know how important they are to God. I am grateful that we are able to make a difference in the lives of not only my family but the lives of so many more families in our fellowship.

I am constantly amazed at the people God sends us. I am thankful, every day, for the gifts He has given our fellowship. Thank you to all the people who are working in our children's ministries.

Next time you wonder if what we do here at Argyle matters - think about these kids. It matters. It matters a lot.

Ken Dyal
Senior Pastor

No comments: