Wednesday, April 15, 2009

One reason why we do what we do...

Every now and then something happens that really brings home, in a powerful way, why we do what we do, as a church and as individuals in the Body of Christ. This is one of those things. Take a moment and read a portion of an email from a member of the Argyle family.

I am also so grateful to the Church at Argyle. I told you a little about this, but I left the Catholic church about a year ago, and started searching at all the local churches. I found my home at The Church at Argyle. The music at the Church at Argyle is unmatched -- anywhere. Pastor Ken's ability to connect with me as I sit and listen is also unmatched.

I find now that instead of feeling like I "have to" go to church, I actually very much look forward to it each week. I used to just sit in church for an hour, not really learning anything. Now, I take something new away every time I go. I am learning huge things about my Faith that somehow managed to escape me even through 12 years of Catholic school. Church is now not just something I think about or do on Sunday, but it is always with me. I hear a lot about "life change" at The Church at Argyle and I have noticed that every aspect of my life is changing for the better.

I just wanted to let you know all of this because I am sure you don't hear it enough. :) If you would like, feel free to share this email with other members of the TCAA staff. I know encouragement is something we could all use more of.

I write a blog called "Out and About in Jax" all about events in Jacksonville. I wrote an entry about the Prayer Walk last Friday and what it meant to me. Maybe if you have some time, you could check it out http://outandaboutinjax.blogspot.com/2009/04/prayer-walk-at-church-at-argyle.html

Anyways, thanks again, and I'll see you Sunday...

Erica

No comments: