Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A note Rick passed to the Worship Team...

I received this email today. This oughta keep us going at least a few more weeks!
"Hello:

I am a member of the Church at Argyle. I felt that I needed to drop you a quick note saying thank you.

Thank you for the great music you and your praise team and musicians play for us every Sunday. I’m sure you hear it all the time, but I needed to tell you how much I enjoy it.

I love that every Sunday I can get my blood moving and my head and heart ready to hear the Lord's word by such a talented group of folks.

I love to see the faces of the singers as they smile and sing. I LOVE when you have the different ladies and gentlemen sing by themselves. I really enjoyed the lady who sang this past weekend before Pastor Ken's book signing. I love her voice.

Also that song you all play Faith, giving us a sample of the different musical instruments, is one of my favorites and when I get to hear the individual instruments I can’t help but be mesmerized. I love the 2 gentlemen on the guitar and bass exchanging their looks and smiles and smirks. It makes my Sunday.

I am so blessed to go to a neighborhood church with great music and a pastor that really speaks to me about things I can apply to my life and that of my family.

Just a pat on the back to you and your talented group of folks."
Isn't it interesting how many "little things" she noticed? That's why I encourage you each week to smile and sing/play/tech from your heart. Everybody loves a happy choir! God wants to use you each week as we lead in worship.

You guys are making a difference. Thank you for your faithfulness.

Rick Painter
Worship Arts Pastor

No comments: