Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Cracker Barrel Creed

Recently our entire family decided to meet at Cracker Barrel. Becky and I arrived early to get a table. Most of our members know I have only one hobby, golf. So, when I sat down there was that Bermuda triangle thingie with golf tees. I think it has 16 holes and 15 tees.

Away I went. I had time to play several games. In fact, I scored in all four areas mentioned on the wood block. Leave one and you are a genius, two you're pretty smart, three means you are just plain dumb, and four says you are an ignoramus.

I started thinking about those answers the following weekend and I concluded I do about the same in life as I did that day in Cracker Barrel. I can always remember the ones- "You're a genius!" An example of that kind of day is the day I asked Becky to marry me.

Twos- "You're pretty smart." The days when I actually do what the Bible says to do, I seem pretty smart and seem to land on my feet.

Threes- "You're just plain dumb." Like, when you think you left your cell phone in the golf cart, travel 15 miles from home back to the club only to find you forgot to check one of your pockets.

Fours- "You are just an ignoramus." Like the other day, on I-295, I mentally drifted a bit and actually passed a policeman! Thankfully, he was in a gracious mood.

No comments: