Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Preacher's Greatest Fear...

I think every man of the cloth has some phobia. One of mine is that I might forget a funeral. I haven't, but I have forgotten wedding vows.

Another point of contention is... the zipper. Even in seminary they touched on this profound subject.

A couple Sundays ago was really packed. Membership Commitment Class, baptism, worship, Stewardship Committee meeting... all opportunities for a big blunder.

So, there I am in the back with the three baptism candidates and their families, doing my priestly duties. I start up the stairs to the baptismal pool, happen to look down, and yikes! My zipper is down!

I quickly pull it up, thinking to myself, "That's one seminary lesson I didn't learn well enough" and "I sure hope no one noticed." Just goes to show preachers are human after all.

Ken Dyal

No comments: